Kana TV became popular since its introduction to Ethiopian viewers two years back. At the time it was all new! Watching Turkish, Indian and Korean movies in Amharic was really a new thing for the Television followers. Kana stood tall by bringing this new idea to the market and muscling out already established channels in just few months. There are some of the TV series that made things a little different from the rest.
These are the first TV series to be seen on Kana TV:
- Wetmed – This was a movie made in Italy and dubbed in Amharic.
- Zara and Chandra – This was a movie from Bollywood and translated to Amharic. This series has more than 400 episodes.
- Tikur Fikir – This is just a movie that stole the show. It is originally made with Turkish language. The stars of this TV series were Elif and Omar. Elif is a young girl from a very rich family who met Omar, a police man, while she was searching for the killer of her father. Then they fell in love after few months and the rest is all about them.
- Yewubet Esregnoch – This was a movie from South America. Brasilian movies were common in Ethiopia as they were live on ETV and other medias. The new thing here is to watch them in Amharic every day!
- Currently there are other popular TV shows on the Television channel. Some of them are Yaltefeta Hilm, Yewubet Esregnoch, Ende Enat, and Ferdegnochu.